SBIR has 2.3 billion for innovators - National Conference in Reno, NV in November
Time is running out for early registration for the 2009 National SBIR Conference. For high technology, start-up companies this is an ideal opportunity to obtain the information needed on how to access $2.3B available from the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs - the largest source of funding for pioneering business ideas. This exciting conference brings a national audience of dynamic, R&D-focused small businesses and entrepreneurs, university faculty, primary and medium sized contractors and potential collaborators into direct contact with the representatives of 11 federal agencies providing SBIR/STTR funding. The conference takes place in John Ascuaga's Nugget in Sparks, Nevada from November 2 – 5, 2009. It is the only such conference in 2009 and is the first such conference in the West for many years.
The conference agenda provides:
· Access to over 40 presenters including SBIR/STTR Program Managers from 11 participating federal agencies, proposal preparation experts, business and commercialization specialists, follow-on investors and contracting companies that have achieved success in SBIR/STTR funding.
· Interaction with at least 30 sponsors and exhibitors.
· Optional pre-and post-conference sessions and speed networking sessions extend the value of this conference.
· One-on-one session opportunities to find out if your innovations fit into federal needs.
· Opportunities to speed network with companies in your area of interest.
· An inexpensive poster showcase enabling you to promote your special services and products.
· Contact with cutting edge companies with strong upside potential.
For more about the conference visit: http://www.unr.edu/sbir-sttr2009/index.html.
Dr. Fritz Grupe
Nevada Small Business Development Center
University of Nevada, Reno
Phone: (775) 813-7407 (Pacific Standard Time)